- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilis
- 1 large bag of shredded hashbrowns ( I use just shy of 32 oz bag), thawed enough to stir
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion
- 1 medium container (16 ounces) cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated chedder cheese
- 2 cups cubed ham or cooked sausage (pick you favorite, we like sausage)
- 12 eggs
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine everything but the eggs in a large bowl and pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Beat eggs and pour over the mixture. Bake at 350 uncovered for 1 hour or until set and slightly brown on top. It can be refrigerated overnight before cooking in the morning. Serves 16.
- *This can also be made ahead and frozen (raw) and brought out for guests. When frozen cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. 1st hour covered 2nd hour uncovered.