- 4 pork loin chops, cut 1/2-inch thick (about 1-3/4 lb.)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 baby carrots with tops, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium apple, sliced and seeds removed
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In skillet melt butter over medium heat; add chops. Brown for 2 minutes, turning once. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add carrots, apple, and maple syrup. Cover; simmer for 8 minutes or until desired doneness
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chops, carrots, and apples to platter; bring syrup mixture to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chops. Makes 4 servings.